Enfamil Neuropro Vs Gentlease
Choosing the right formula to give your baby can be difficult, especially if you’re a new mom. And if you’ve decided not to breastfeed your baby, remember the formula your baby will use will be their sole source of nutrition until you wean them to solid foods. That’s why choosing the right formula is crucial in ensuring your little one gets everything they need from the formula.
Enfamil is one of the most famous formula brands in the market, as many pediatricians often recommend it in the US. Two of their best-selling products, Neuropro and Gentlease, are somewhat similar but differ in several ways. Tune in to discover more about Enfamil Neuropro and Gentlease.
Enfamil Neuropro Vs Gentlease
About Enfamil Neuropro
Enfamil Neuropro is designed to suit infants (0-6 months) nutrition needs. It comprises carbohydrates, proteins, fats, various vitamins, minerals, and probiotics, promoting infant growth and development. All the ingredients used to make this formula are non-GMO, ensuring your infant is not exposed to harmful substances while still young.
Enfamil Neuropro also contains a milk fat globule membrane (MFGM) similar to the one found in breast milk. This makes the formula resembles breastmilk in terms of taste and nutritional value. The MFGM promotes good cognitive, motor, and language abilities developments. It also instills a positive behavioral pattern due to their excellent health.
Besides MFGM, Enfamil Neuropro contains DHA and AHA. DHA and AHA are omega 3 and 6 fatty acids for proper brain cell development and good eyesight.
Enfamil Neuropro contains all nutrients your child needs for proper growth and development in their formative years. And other extra 30 nutrients that support a baby’s growth.
- Enfamil Neuropro contains a triple prebiotic blend that enhances your child’s immune system.
- It also contains naturally occurring MFGM components that help develops your little one’s brain.
- This formula comprises omega 3 DHA that helps your kid’s brain development.
Pros Of Enfamil Neuropro
- Does not contain GMO ingredients.
- Easy to measure and mix.
- It offers your child all the nutrients they need for proper growth and development.
- It contains a blend of prebiotics that help strengthen the immune system.
- Enfamil Neuropro is designed to offer nutrients that taste close to breastmilk.
Cons Of Enfamil Neuropro
- It is not organic.
- It comprises palm oil which can lead to constipation.
- It is not hypoallergenic.
- Often out of stock.
About Enfamil Gentlease
Enfamil Gentlease is formulated to cover babies up to 12 months. This formula contains hydrolyzed proteins, giving it a unique taste different from normal Enfamil. Besides impacting taste, the hydrolyzed proteins in Enfamil Neuropro are easy to digest, making Gentlease a good fit for children with sensitive tummies and digestive issues.
Some children may find this formula’s taste challenging to accommodate in the first few days. However, that’s just for some days, and they soon enjoy the formula. In fact, many kids tend to enjoy it above other foods once they adapt to its taste.
Enfamil Gentlease also contains Choline and DHA. These nutrients are needed to develop a child’s cognitive abilities.
- Enfamil Gentlease contains a dual prebiotic that strengthens your child’s immune system.
- It does not contain artificial flavors, colors, or sweeteners.
- This formula contains Choline and DHA needed for brain development.
- Enfamil Gentlease is formulated to offer babies all the necessary nutrients needed in their first year.
Pros Of Enfamil Gentlease
- Does not contain sugars.
- It’s easy to measure and mix.
- Dissolves easily.
- Does not contain artificial colors, sweeteners, or flavors.
- It has hydrolyzed proteins that improve its taste and are easy to digest, even for kids with sensitive tummies.
- Enfamil Gentlease is formulated to offer babies all the necessary nutrients they need in their first year.
Cons Of Enfamil Gentlease
- It is not organic or hypoallergenic.
- It’s not designed to deal with acid reflux symptoms.
- Enfamil Gentlease contains corn syrup, soy, vegetable oils, and dairy, which can cause gastrointestinal issues in some babies.
Similarities Between Enfamil Neuropro And Gentlease
- Enfamil Neuropro and Gentlease contain nutrients for a baby’s growth and development.
- The two formulae also contain DHA, an omega 3 required for healthy brain development.
- Enfamil Neuropro and Gentlease are easy to measure and prepare.
- They also closely resemble breastmilk.
- Although Neuropro doesn’t have hydrolyzed proteins, it’s still easy to digest, just like Gentlease.
Differences Between Enfamil Neuropro and Gentlease
Enfamil Neuropro is recommended for babies ranging from 0-6 months. On the other hand, Enfamil Gentlease is ideal for kids from 0-1 year.
Enfamil Neuropro contains MFGM, a bioactive milk compound that enhances healthy immune and gastrointestinal development. This element is absent in Gentlease. Enfamil Neuropro also does not contain any GMOs.
Enfamil Gentease comprises hydrolyzed proteins that are easy to digest and enhance the flavor of this formula. Neuropro does not contain hydrolyzed proteins. Enfamil Gentlease also does not contain artificial colors, flavors, or sweeteners.
Enfamil Neuropro claims to reduce the chances of spit-ups in kids. As for Gentlease, this one is thought to ease gas, cries, and fussiness.
Enfamil Neuropro is enriched with more nutrients, vitamins, and minerals. This makes it complete when used as a sole source of nutrition.
On the other hand, Enfamil Gentlease contains far fewer nutrients, making it not suitable for use as a sole source of nutrition. This means you may need to supplement it to complete its nutrition profile.
Enfamil Neuropro comes in both powder and liquid form. It’s also designed in sticks single-serve sachets (14). Gentlease comes in powder form and is intended to come in a can.
Enfamil Neuropro retails at $20 for the powder and $11 for the liquid form. Gentlease will set you back $32 when purchasing it.
Enfamil Neuropro vs. Gentlease: What to Buy
Both Enfamil Neuropro and Gentlease are good sources of a child’s nutrition. However, deciding between the two will depend on your child’s needs. Enfamil Neuropro is formulated for kids 0-6 months, providing all nutrients needed for a baby’s growth and development. It also offers long-term brain-building nutrients and comes in powder and liquid forms.
Enfamil Gentlease is suitable for kids up to one year, especially children with sensitive tummies and digestive issues. This formula eases gas, colic, and fussiness and comes in powder only.