Clek Foonf vs Nuna Rava
As a parent, the safety and comfort of your child are very important when considering a convertible seat for your little one’s use. Clek Foonf and Nuna Rava are steel-based with advanced safety systems, narrow and stylish, and a cozy look. Below is a detailed description of each of the two convertible seats.
Clek Foonf vs Nuna Rava: Overview
Clek Foonf is a convertible car seat with forward-facing safety performance and extended rear-facing for kids up to 4 years made of steel and magnesium. Each seat is built on a solid metal substructure with inner and outer energy-absorbing foam layers.
- Has Rapid Energy-Absorbing Crumple Technology(REACT) Safety System. This is an aluminum honeycomb that sits under the child, designed to absorb crash forces. It is very similar to vehicle crumple zone technology.
- Anti-rebound bar that prevents rebounding when rear-facing in a frontal collision and rotation in a side-impact collision; while also improving installation by nesting firmly and evenly into the flat part of the vehicle seat.
- Advanced side impacts protection system enhanced with EPP foam with outstanding energy absorption and increased buoyancy.
- Effortless forward-facing latch installation.
- Federal Aviation Administration approved for aircraft use.
- 9 years of use before expiration
- 3 years warranty
- Pop-out leg improving comfort for a rear-facing child.
- Made in Canada
- The adjustable headrest protects the child in case of a crash or emergency braking.
- Available in three fabrics; jersey knit, C-Zero Plus Performance Crypton, and soft merino wool
- The base comes in two colors; thunder (cloud gray) and marshmallow (snowflakes).
- 3 smooth recline positions
- Has an adjustable crotch strap and 6 different harness heights that assist in adjustment to fit children of different sizes and ages.
- Meets federal motor vehicle safety standards(FMVSS213)
- Built-in rear-facing lock-offs that remove excess slack from belts
- Eco-friendly; when done with the car seat, return to the stores for recycling.
- Rethread Harness: The harness must be rethreaded as your baby grows. This is kind of a pain, but thankfully, not something you have to do very often
- The narrow width,13″ at the bottom and 17″ at the top, makes it possible to fit three seats side-by-side and makes the car seat easier to install in center seats and deep bucket seats.
Clek Foonf seats come with several accessories purchased separately; soft fluffy onesie, mat, universal travel bag, cup holder, fabric cleaning kit, and infant insert q-tether that limits rotation while rear-facing.
Nuna Rava is a Dutch manufactured convertible car seat that prides itself in top-notch safety features coupled with comfort and posh looks.
Features of Nuna Rava
- All-steel frame and reinforced belt path for maximum protection
- Side impact protection enhanced with energy-absorbing foam which has multiple impact resistance.
- Removable head and body insert hence ease of cleaning.
- 10 headrest positions
- Has 5 point no-rethread harness, and 2 no-rethread crotch strap positions.
- Simply-secure install system for swift, secure and straightforward installation.
- Federal Aviation Administration approved for aircraft use.
- Green guard gold certification denotes less indoor air pollution, less risk of chemical exposure, and a healthier environment.
- Flame retardant-free seats made of natural bamboo fabric
- Hypoallergenic odor-resistant fabric
- Dual flip open cup holder and organic cotton infant head & body inserts
- Laidback legroom for rear-facing children.
- True tension™ door aid in ultra-secure and simple installation
- Integrated rebound bar that helps minimize rotation during impact.
- Integrated magnetic buckle holders that help keep straps out of the way when buckling in a baby.
- Ventilation panels within the shell create a comfy climate for even long trips. Bamboo fabric is breathable and super soft, thus enhancing comfort.
- One hand, height-adjustable head support with 10 different positions up to 43 inches.
- Pretty slim from the outside though not roomy on the inside.
- Has five recline positions for rear-facing
- The seat can be installed with either LATCH or a seat belt i.e you have to remove the seat pad and unthread the crotch strap to access the LATCH/belt lock-offs.
- It cannot fit three car seats in your backseat.
- Although it has breathable knit fabric and ventilation panels, it still seems to get toasty in hot weather. To control the sweating, cover the car seat with a blanket when you leave your car in the sun.
There are other accessories one can purchase; tray, rain cover, soft goods bundle, certified organic cotton fabric and dye insert set, harness pad and buckle cover bundle, mini organic cotton sheet, car seat adapter ring, and bassinet stand. One can also get a variety of bags including; a wheeled travel bag, diaper bag, transport bag, non-wheeled travel bag, and sling bag.
Summarized comparison between Clek Foonf and Nuna Rava
|Description||Clek Foonf||Nuna Rava|
|Warranty||3 years||2 years|
|Expiration period||9 years||10 years|
|Seat fabric||Bamboo blend fabric||-Jersey knit
|Installation||Latch system and seat belt||Latch system and seat belt|
|Washing||Not all fabric are machine washable||Machine washable|
|Weight and age limit||Rear facing-14-50lbs. when they can sit upright alone
Front –facing-25-65 lbs. from 2 years
|Rear-facing-14-50 lbs. from the time they sit upright alone
Front facing-22-65lbs. from 1 year( but recommends 2 years)
|Cup holder||Purchased aside||In built|
|Rethread||Manual rethread harness||No-rethread harness|
|Weight||46.6 lbs.||27.2 lbs.|
|Portability||Heavy thus not portable||More portable|
|Rear recline positions||5||3|
Cons of Clek Foonf and Nuna Rava convertible car seat
- They are heavy and thus not easily portable
- They are expensive
- They are narrow on the outside but not roomy on the inside
- Clek Foonf’s rethread harness is cumbersome.
- Clek Foonf is somewhat complicated to install and somewhat complicated to adjust as the baby grows.
- Nuna Rava’s buckle is a little stiff.
Overall, considering the above features, pros, and cons, both Clek Foonf and Nuna Rava car seats are worth a try.