Cleaning Your Boppy Lounger: Tips and Techniques? Are you considering the ideal method for cleaning a Boppy Lounger? Don’t worry; you’re in the right place.
When you need a hands-free break and your less than four months old baby is awake, a Boppy Lounger is an ideal location for them to relax.
Newborn baby loungers come in various types; some, like the Boppy Lounger, are machine washable, while others aren’t.
However, several coverings available on the market may be used to shield your original product from dust or grime if it is a non-washable baby lounger.
How Do You Wash a Boppy Lounger?
You can wash your Cleaning Your Boppy Lounger: Tips and Techniques if it doesn’t have a cover and if it is washable according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
The brand’s manual contains the suggested guidelines on how to do the washing. You can also use these simple instructions to properly wash your baby’s Boppy lounger in the washing machine:
- You can use any washing machine, although front-loaders are advised for the greatest results.
- Put the baby lounger in the laundry and set the cold water on the delicate cycle.
- Set your washing machine to the “Hand Wash Cycles” option on the controller. However, your washer may have other names for this option, and you can change the cycle rate to anything you like.
- Now tumble dry your baby lounger on low heat of about 30°C. Drop a clean tennis ball or sneaker into the washing machine as your Boppy Lounger is drying to remove any clumps of fiber-filling that may have formed while washing.
- Lastly, let your Boppy lounger dry naturally. Do not dry clean, or iron it.
Always wash your Boppy Lounger when necessary. Washing it repeatedly will make it lose its quality, thus reducing its lifespan
How To Wash a Baby Lounger That is Not Machine Washable?
If your newborn baby lounger cannot be machine washed, you can still clean it using several methods. For spot cleaning, you can utilize antimicrobial sprays available in most stores.
To clean your baby lounger that is not machine washable, you will need the following:
- Warm water
- Washing Soda
- a spray bottle
- Soft, clean cloth
Below are the steps on how to clean a baby lounger that is not machine washable:
- Fill the spray bottle with two cups of warm water
- Mix the warm water with half a cup of washing soda
- Shake the solution and then spray it on the lounger’s dirty location
- After three to five minutes, dry the baby lounger using a soft cloth
If the baby lounger comes with a cover, it is easy to clean it. Follow the steps listed below to do the cleaning:
- Remove the inner pillow from the lounger by unzipping it or stripping it off
- Before washing, make sure to zip the bag up. This will safeguard its zipper.
- You can now choose between washing your cover by hand or in a washing machine.
- When you’re finished, you can dry the cover in a dryer or open air.
- Your cover is now ready for use on your infant lounger once more.
What Makes A Boppy Lounger Necessary?
The Boppy Lounger is typically the most suitable spot for parents to keep their infants, especially when awake.
That is when you require a hands-free moment, such as when you need to prepare a meal, brush your teeth, exercise, or take care of household chores.
The Boppy Lounger is lightweight, making it simple to bring to friends and family members’ homes so you can be sure the baby will have a comfy area to stay put during awake time.
Additionally, it’s the ideal setting for siblings and infants to get to know one another while together.
Also, the lounger comes in a breathable fabric with an all-over print. The absence of buttons or zippers makes it incredibly comfy for the baby. Additionally, it is simple to clean up little spills and machine washable for larger spills.
Ten Things to Consider when Utilizing the Boppy Newborn Lounger
Keep the tag on the boppy infant lounger while using it; it offers essential safety information that could help you avoid severe harm or even death. Here are ten considerations when utilizing a Boppy newborn lounger:
- Do not dry clean or iron. If you want a quick clean-up, wipe the Boppy Lounger.
- When using this product, never leave your kid unattended, as this could result in severe or fatal injuries.
- You should stop utilizing the lounger as soon as your baby tries to push up on all fours, rolls over, or weighs more than 16 pounds, whichever comes first.
- To prevent suffocation, don’t let your baby sleep on the Boppy Newborn Lounge; lie face down or on the side of the lounger.
- Additionally, avoid putting the newborn in the lounger for tummy time as this could result in suffocation.
- To prevent choking, make sure the baby’s airway is always open.
- To avoid the baby choking, do not let the infant curl up in the middle of the newborn lounger.
- A baby lounger is not permitted in or close to a baby’s crib, bassinet, cradle, playpen, or other sleeping areas.
- Don’t use the lounger on an elevated surface to stop the baby from falling. Use only on the ground.
- Never move the newborn lounger while the infant is on it to avoid the baby falling.
Cleaning Your Boppy Lounger: Tips and Techniques We hope that after sharing some of the best cleaning tips and valuable instructions on how to wash a Boppy Lounger with you, you will be able to quickly and effectively clean your baby’s Boppy Lounger without causing it to lose its form or harming the product.
Remember that repeatedly washing your lounger might cause it to lose quality, which shortens its lifespan.
The most significant recommendation is to wash your Boppy baby lounger when it is dirty. Additionally, don’t forget to see if there are covers available for your baby lounger because they can help it last longer.