Wall mounting and floor stands are two different ways to set up your baby monitor. Each of them can be a great choice for different situations. The main difference between these two is that in the wall mount setup, the camera remains stationary while you adjust it to suit the room—not all the time while you move around.
In the floor stand option, the camera moves (the parent unit) with the parent changing locations continuously throughout the day. So It’s up to you to decide whether a mount or a stand is right for your baby monitor needs.
In this article, we will talk about these mounting systems: wall mount and floor stand. We will also consider flexibility, reliability, and other factors influencing your choice.
What Is Nanit Smart Baby Monitor?
Nanit is a smart, cloud-connected baby monitor that uses AI to analyze your child’s sleep patterns. The Nanit app will then use the data to provide real-time information about your baby’s sleeping patterns, including how long they were asleep, how often they woke up, and how many times they were crying or fussing.
Basically, Nanit has been designed with simplicity in mind. You can set up your Nanit in a matter of minutes, and it will pick up on your baby’s movements immediately. You can even control the music that plays in the background as part of their white noise therapy.
This smart baby monitor gives parents peace of mind by offering a new level of insight into their child’s sleep patterns and helps them create more peaceful nights for their little ones.
Wall Mount Vs. Floor stand; Which Is Better for Your Nanit Baby Monitor?
In the past few years, there have been many changes in how we use our electronic devices. We have gone from having them on our desks to taking them everywhere. But it’s not just smartphones and laptops being used more often — baby monitors are also getting in on the action. They’re becoming an essential part of many parents’ lives, at home or on the go.
With this new trend comes a growing need for wall mounts and floor stands for baby monitors — but which one is best for your particular needs? We discuss each option in detail below.
Wall Mount Option
The wall mount is a convenient way to install your Nanit Baby Monitor, but it comes with its own set of drawbacks. The biggest issue with the wall mount is that it’s not as easy to use and set up as the floor stand. This means that you’ll have to consider where in the house you want to mount your monitor and how high up you want it mounted
Ideally, a wall mount is typically equipped with an adjustable arm to position the monitor at various heights and angles. The mounting brackets are available in different sizes and thicknesses, so you’ll be able to find one that fits your space perfectly.
Wall mounts also come with various accessories like shelves, hooks, and more. You can even attach a speaker or light so that the audio sounds better than what is emitted from the speakers on the unit itself.
Pros of Wall Mount
- A wall mount is more versatile than a floor stand. Wall mounting allows you to place your NANIT Baby Monitor on the wall, which is more convenient for you and your family because it frees up counter space.
- Wall mounting allows you to position the microphone closer to your baby so that you can hear them better. You can also mount the camera higher up if you want more of a bird’s eye view of your baby or room!
- Easy installation – No tools are required to install. All you need is two screws and an Allen wrench. You can hang the Nanit Baby Monitor on the wall and enjoy the video feed in just a few minutes!
- Great view angle – Since no stand or base is required, you get more flexibility when it comes to where you place your baby monitor.
Floor Stand Option
The floor stand option is the most popular choice for many Nanit owners. However, it’s also the most expensive and requires additional space to store. The floor stand is ideal if you plan on using your Nanit as a baby monitor and not just as a nightlight.
Pros of Floor Stands
- Floor stands can be placed in any room where you want to keep an eye on your baby, while wall mounts are limited in placement. This means you’ll need to choose a location with enough space for the monitor without blocking access to other rooms.
- They are portable. You can take it anywhere and set it up in another room of your house or office.
- Floor stands are very easy to use. You can set the stand and then use your specific baby monitor without worrying about anything else.
Which Is Better?
A wall mount is a great option if you want to keep your Nanit baby monitor out of the way but still be able to see what’s going on with your child. You can put it on a wall near the crib or install it under the crib. The stand will give you comfortable viewing angles and keep your baby safe from falling off.
A floor stand is probably best for you if you want to place your Nanit monitor on a desk or dresser. These stands fold flat for easy storage and portability. Some options double as charging stations for your phone and tablet — so you won’t have to worry about losing power or running out of juice while you’re away from home.
Our verdict? Buy the wall mount. It doesn’t carry any extra cost and is much better looking, especially if you go in for the white model instead of black. There’s no reason to spend more money on a stand that works as a stand and doesn’t do the job anyway, so save yourself some money and get all those extra features with ease!
Reviewing the two mounts together, we think they are great, and expandability is important. If you have or plan on having more cameras that you want to monitor at once, then floor stand is a great option because it boosts your coverage area and allows you to survey all parts of your room/region as long as there’s an outlet available in that region.