Best Way To Reheat A Sandwich
Sandwiches are a convenient food when you’re hungry and on the go. No plates, no mess, and no sticky hands. All you have to do is get yourself a sandwich, munch on it, and fill up your tummy. However, often, the san dwiches are too big to finish.
What do you do if you have a large sandwich that you cannot finish? There’s the option of sharing it with your colleagues or friends. However, that’s not always practical, as you won’t be hanging with them whenever you go. To prevent wastage, the best thing to do would be to refrigerate/freeze your sandwich for later use. Now, here you are with your cold leftover sandwich; how do you reheat it? Hang in until the end to learn the best way to reheat a sandwich.
Best Way To Reheat A Sandwich
The best way to reheat a sandwich is in the oven. This result in a perfectly warmed sandwich that is not dried out. Reheating a sandwich in the oven is pretty simple. Here’s how to go about reheating a cold sandwich in the oven:
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spread out some aluminum foil. Place the sandwich at the top of the foil and wrap it in. ensure to cover all sides of the sandwich with aluminum foil.
- Place sandwich in wrapped aluminum foil in the oven. Allow it to warm for 15 to 20 minutes.
- After 15 to 20 minutes, take the sandwich out of the oven and pull back some of the foil. Be careful not to get burned as the foil is still hot.
- If the sandwich is not warmed evenly, return it to the oven and let it sit there for additional three minutes.
- Once your sandwich is well heated and nice and warm, remove the aluminum foil wrap and serve immediately.
Advantages Of Reheating Sandwich In The Oven
- The oven ensures your sandwich is evenly heated, making it warm and avoiding cold spots.
- It also prevents your sandwich from drying out once reheated.
- The oven gives your sandwich a beautiful crisp on the outside of the sandwich.
Disadvantages Of Reheating Sandwich In The Oven
- It takes a longer time than other reheating methods. Hence, not ideal for those in a rush.
- Some people may find the whole wrapping part tedious and time-consuming.
Reheating Frozen Sandwich In The Oven
If you are planning on reheating a frozen sandwich, it’s best to defrost it. The best way to thaw a frozen sandwich is to leave it in the fridge overnight or for a couple of hours. Doing so ensures the sandwich is kept at low temperatures, reducing the risk of bacterial growth.
However, if you don’t have time and leaving the sandwich in the fridge overnight seems like lots of time, you can reheat it in the oven while frozen. Note that this will take you more time than when reheating it unfrozen.
Once thawed, reheat the sandwich using the procedure in the previous section. Reheating a frozen sandwich will take you extra 5 or 10 minutes.
Other Methods Of Reheating Sandwich
Reheating Sandwich In The Microwave
The good thing with reheating sandwiches in the microwave is that it’s pretty fast and can be ideal for those on the go. Here’s how to reheat your sandwich in a few minutes in the microwave:
- Start by wrapping the sandwich in a kitchen paper towel, ensuring no surface is exposed. If you are reheating a frozen sandwich, place a paper towel on a dish and then place the sandwich on the plate. The purpose of the paper towel is to absorb moisture and any melting ice, preventing your bread from becoming soggy.
- Avoid wrapping the sandwich in plastic wrap. Plastic wraps trap moisture, making your bread wet and the crust tough and dry.
- Once fully wrapped in a kitchen paper towel, place your sandwich in a microwave-safe dish and microwave for about one to one and half minutes.
- If your sandwich has not reached your desired temperature, let it in the microwave for a few more minutes.
- Once warmed to your desired temperature, remove the sandwich from the microwave and serve.
Advantages Of Reheating Sandwich In The Microwave
- It is the quickest way of reheating a cold sandwich.
Disadvantages Of Reheating Sandwich In The Microwave
- The sandwich will not heat evenly. This may result in the bread drying up or the sandwich becoming soggy.
Reheating Sandwich In The Oven Toaster
There are many ways of using sandwich toasters. The toaster’s efficient air circulation makes it ideal for toasting a frozen or cold sandwich. Here’s how to reheat a sandwich in an oven toaster:
- Set the oven temperatures to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, and set it on to preheat.
- Put the sandwich on a baking sheet and place aluminum foil over the sandwich.
- Wrap the sandwich and place it in the toaster oven for around 5 minutes.
- Flip the sandwich and cover it. Then heat it for additional three minutes or longer, depending on your desired hotness.
- Once the sandwich is warm enough, remove it from the toaster. Let it sit for a couple of seconds before serving it.
Advantages Of Reheating Sandwich In A Toaster Oven
- It takes a relatively shorter time to reheat a sandwich than reheating in the oven (although longer than in a microwave).
- Ensures efficient air circulation, hence, distributing heat evenly.
- If you love your sandwich crispy, a toaster oven will do you a great job.
Disadvantages Of Reheating Sandwich In A Toaster Oven
- It’s easy to burn your sandwich when reheating it in a toaster oven. As such, ensure you always stop midway to check if it has become sufficiently hot instead of waiting for a particular time.
The best way to reheat a sandwich is in the oven. The oven ensures that your sandwich heats evenly is crispy, and is not soggy or dried. However, it can take a little bit more of your time, so, not ideal if you are in a rush.
Reheating in a microwave is also great and a pretty fast way. But your sandwich may sometimes not heat evenly, leaving you with cold spots. The other option is using a toaster oven. A toaster oven is excellent, fast, and ensures hot air circulates evenly. However, the chances of your sandwich burning are pretty high when using a toaster oven. So, exercise caution.